Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hipster Gambino


This whole "only taking 9 hours" thing has given me a lot of availability this semester. Instead of being super involved and productive, though, I spend a good amount of time on the internet. This morning, via a long, convoluted chain of events, I found a website that combines two of my favorite things: hipsters and Donald Glover. Well, actually it's Donald Glover's rapping alter-ego, Childish Gambino, but it's great none-the-less. I haven't listened to much of his rap as of yet (that will probably change in the next couple of hours), but his stand up is hilarious, as is his acting on Community. And, if you know me at all, you'll know I'm absolutely fascinated by everything hip and can be heard saying, "Hip, hip, hip hiphiphip," whilst walking past Manhattan Cafe and Max, the bar formerly known as The Max Canada. Clearly, I'm not hip as I have a blogspot instead of a tumblr, but that does not detract from my love of hipness. Moving on, the blog is called Hipster Childish Gambino and it combines pictures of hipsters with Childish Gambino lyrics and generally just makes me giggle. Also, the girl that writes it is apparently from Alabama just like me, so I think we're probably going to be friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much. Glad you like the blog. Donald Glover is the illest.
    Gotta represent the Alabama girls, haha. Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete